Construction and Material Testing and Inspections
FMC & Associates, LLC, emphasizes the quality of our services that will be provided to you on your important project and will do so by providing you an efficient and experienced project team. Our team for your project will consist of engineering technicians certified by the Washington Area Council of Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (WACEL), and have the experience to ensure strict adherence to project specifications or assist in evaluating site conditions. Technicians are working under the direct supervision of a professional engineer registered in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.
Based on our understanding of the project, we have developed the following scope of services to meet the materials testing and observation needs during the construction stage:
- Testing of bearing capacity of the subgrade soils for the foundations
- Testing and observation of fluid concrete
- Observation of the installation of formwork and reinforcing steel
- Observation of placement of post-tensioned tendons and verification of the required
- design drapes and elongation
- Observation of structural steel connections including bolt and weld connections
- Application of spray fireproofing for structural steel members
Waterfront at 4th & M SW (Washington, DC)
FMC provided construction materials testing and inspection. Our services include inspections for reinforcing steel, formwork, post tension tendons, concrete placement, and concrete cylinder testing.