SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER / STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Location:Washington Southeast DCJob Type: Full Time
FMC is a professional engineering company, with expertise in structural engineering, material testing and inspection. FMC is seeking a Senior Project Manager / Structural Engineer in our Washington DC office.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Structural Engineering for buildings of all types including office buildings, parking structures, institutional / higher education, healthcare facilities, medical office buildings, and large mixed use developments
- Project management for a team of engineers and drafters working on these type projects
- Marketing and Business Development for Structural Engineering Services
- Candidate will have a minimum of a Master of Science or Engineering Degree with a structural emphasis and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Candidate must be a licensed Professional Engineer
- This position will be responsible for managing a group of engineers, and drafters and will function as FMC’s Senior Project Manager for projects assigned to that group
- Individual will have exceptional communication skills with the ability to effectively present engineering concepts and designs to project teams including architects, contractors, other consultants, and owner’s representatives
- This position will include business development and marketing responsibilities related to nurturing existing clients and seeking new clients.
- Experience with concrete, structural steel, masonry, wood and light gauge structures
- Project Management experience in leading the preparation of construction document plan drawings, plans, schedules, details and specifications.
- Conceptual budgeting/planning based on plans and specs
- Oversee sub-contractors, engineering drawings, and construction contracts
- Team leadership ability and excellent communication skills
- Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets
- Writing and presentation skills are required
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Holiday pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Professional Development Training
If this position sounds like it may be the right move for you and your career path, please send your resume to Fadil at firstname.lastname@example.org